The Interoperability Gallery: A Visual Journey Through a Decade of Learning
Making Thinking Visual!
Stewards of Change Institute’s new Interoperability Mural Gallery is a one-of-a-kind, highly adaptable showcase of vivid, insightful (and fun) graphic illustrations that stimulate thinking, promote teaching and learning, and encourage thoughtful conversations across a broad spectrum of health, education, social and human services sectors. The gallery is an educational bulls-eye for visual learners, but its combination of relevant content and appealing graphics also creates an immersive learning environment that stimulates creativity, expedites engagement and accelerates the use of new tools, information and ideas for all attendees.
How is the gallery designed?
- The specific content and configuration of the gallery is tailored to the theme, subject matter and interests of the organization at whose conference/event it is presented.
- Specific murals for each version of the gallery are selected from hundreds that have been created at SOCI symposia, trainings, strategic planning sessions, and other events over the last 10 years.
- In addition, new murals are created on-site, providing organizers with a synthesis of key themes, knowledge and insights from plenaries, workshops and/or interactive sessions.
- These visually striking graphic illustrations can then serve as learning/teaching tools that can be used by organizers after the event for their own outreach, educational efforts and other communications.
- The gallery also includes multimedia components such as informational videos and live Ted-talk-type presentations, interactive activities – and, soon, SOCI plans to incorporate accredited training and certification opportunities.
Why is the gallery a great addition to your event?
- From a thematic perspective, the gallery can be configured and customized to meet the needs of conference organizers and the particular conference themes.
- At its core the gallery assists health and human services organizations accelerate learning to support their drive toward designing and implementing person-centered and value-based care solutions.
- The gallery’s unique nature would enrich the overall attendee experience – and murals would be created that conference organizers could then use for post-event communications, marketing and other purposes.
- Furthermore, it would offer something to the organizers that can be elusive: a genuinely different and memorable experience that elevates the overall event and provides tangible take-home value for all participants.
The Interoperability Galleries
Connected Health Conference (a HIMSS event)
October 16-18, 2019
After the Interoperability Mural Gallery’s showings at the CIE Summit and the MESC, we are taking it to the Annual Connected Health Conference (CHC). This important event “is the global platform for provocative and forward-thinking discussion, deal-making opportunities and real-world perspectives.” With the understanding that interoperability is an increasingly significant element of healthcare and health IT, we chose murals for this event that are both highly relevant to the CHC audience and that demonstrate their value as a teaching-and-learning tool. They range from representations of how to create an organizational vision or strategic plan, to thought-provoking depictions of complex issues such as achieving racial equity in healthcare.
Medicaid Enterprise Systems Conference
August 19-22, 2019
Based on the Interoperability Mural Gallery’s initial showing at the CIE Summit, we curated a select group of murals for the annual Medicaid Enterprise Systems Conference (MESC). With the understanding that interoperability is an increasingly significant element of the Medicaid world, we chose murals that are both highly relevant to the MESC audience – and ones that demonstrate their value as a teaching-and-learning tool. They range from representations of how to create an organizational vision or strategic plan, to thought-provoking depictions of complex issues.
Community Information Exchange Summit
April 24-26, 2019
For the first time, we were able to bring almost three dozen of these visually arresting murals together for an Interoperability Gallery at the 2nd Annual CIE summit. By all accounts, the unique result was a showcase that induced hundreds of visitors to take photos, buzz about both the content and its presentation, and take information from the murals home to enhance their own work. At the request of other conference organizers who toured the gallery, our next step is to “take the show on the road” to enrich subsequent events.