- Via Webinar and Conference Call Access
- SOC Institute Team
NIC's Deeper Dive Webinar Series
Knowledge from the North: What Canada can Teach US about the Social Determinants
- Read the blog: https://nic-us.org/blog/2018/10/02/blog-webinar-research-canada-social-determinants-of-health
About the Webinar:
A comprehensive new report examines a broad range of evidence and issues relating to health care in Canada, with insights and recommendations on reforms designed to bring that country’s health-related systems into the 21st Century. In this webinar, two of the report’s authors explained its findings, the importance of the social determinants of health and well-being to its prospects for success, and how its content is relevant to the U.S. as it considers next steps for the ACA, and perhaps life without it. Our third presenter applied the learnings from Canada to the current US health and hospital environment, with insights regarding the implications for improving efficacy and efficiency.
- PG Forest, Ph.D., Professor and Director, School of Public Policy, University of Calgary
- Daniel Dutton, Ph.D., School of Public Policy, University of Calgary
- Norma Padron, MD, Senior Director, Applied Research and Data Analytics, Health Research & Educational Trust, American Hospital Association (AHA)
Responder: Margo Edmunds, Ph.D., Vice President, Evidence Generation and Translation, AcademyHealth; Co-PI, NIC
Moderator: Daniel Stein, President, Stewards of Change Institute; Co-PI, NIC
The webinar was followed by Q&A and discussion on the NIC Collaboration and Communication Hub. For those who wish to access webinar audio and other resources – and participate in related discussions on our NIC Collaboration Hub – please take the following steps:
- Register to participate on the NIC Collaboration and Communication Hub.
- Once your Hub membership is approved, hit the “Join us!” button in the Social Determinants of Health Group.
- After the webinar, continue using the Group to connect with peers and keep the discussion going about the Social Determinants.
- On social media, spread the word about your participation in the webinar, using the hashtag #SDwebinar18.
About the NIC Deeper Dive Webinar Series:
We’ve designed these presentations to go beyond the traditional webinar format in order to expand the opportunity for ongoing learning and facilitate networking with others interested in the topic of the event. There are two unique aspects to our “Deeper Dive” webinar-plus series, using the new Collaboration and Communication Hub.
- Before each webinar, we’ll publish a blog that includes key discussion points relating to the subject being examined. Readers will be invited to go to the NIC Hubto ask questions, offer insights and engage in discussions that extend the learning from the blog and inform the webinar’s content.
- Q&A will begin on the webinar platform after presentations, but the learning won’t end there. Rather, attendees can continue interacting with our expert presenters – and to engage in an ongoing conversation with other attendees/colleagues – by jumping to the NIC Hub.
Our webinar-plus series takes a different approach because it aims for a different outcome. It is designed to be an integral part of an ongoing, action-oriented agenda to advance interoperability and data-sharing. The objective of all of NIC’s work is to provide the information, tools and other resources needed to improve systems and increase collaboration among the multiple domains that impact health and well-being. Learn more about the primary domains in which NIC works.
If you have any questions or comments, write to email@example.com.